Inanimate Load Handling Training
This half day course has an emphasis on practical techniques, providing staff with practical skills in load handling. The programme combines a theoretical overview and a practical session to allow delegates to learn techniques quickly and apply them immediately in offices, warehouses, assembly lines, catering departments, stores, and other areas where inanimate loads are moved.
There is a maximum of 12 places on this course and a minimum of 3.
- To give delegates a good understanding of the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations and associated legislation within the work place.
- For employees to apply good Manual Handling techniques within the workplace and in their everyday lives.
Theoretical overview to cover the following:
- Statistics on muscular skeletal disorders.
- Review of legislation and organisational policy
- Review of back care.
- Review of risk assessment and ergonomics.n
- Review of manual handling principles
A practical session will cover detailed techniques relevant to the workplace, sometimes including the use of trolleys, sack trucks, barrows and other mechanical aids relevant to participants’ area of work.
At the end of the course the delegates will:
- Have knowledge of Manual Handling legislation in the workplace
- Have an awareness of the structure of the back and important considerations concerning back care.
- Be confident in carrying out basic Manual Handling risk assessments.
- Have participated in Manual Handling practical techniques which would be useful within the workplace.