An intensive short course to cover the main requirements for the prevention of fires, the action to take in response to an alarm and how to raise the alarm in the event of a fire being discovered. Maximum of 12 delegates per course.
A more detailed course than Fire awareness providing the additional skills required to assist managers in dealing with Fire Safety issues.
Aimed at staff with a designated Fire roll within the workplace.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
- Prevent fires occurring by training staff in fire prevention measures.
- Reduce the number of false alarms and business interruption.
- Comply with the obligations under Health & Safety Law, Fire Regulations and Fire Certificates.
- Ensure that staff are competent in the use of first response fire fighting equipment.
- Aims & Objectives of the course
- Expected Learning Outcome
- The Fire Triangle
Legislation & Policies
- What legislation applies to you and your work?
- Duties of Employers & Employees
- Employers’ Policies & Procedures
Fire Prevention Issues
- Where are fires likely to occur?
- What measures can you take to prevent fires occurring?
- Identification of risk factors and control measures for inclusion in the Fire Risk Assessment for your area.
Fire Response Issues
- What to do in the event of hearing an alarm
- What to do in the event of starting a fire or discovering a fire in progress
- Evacuation of Staff
Video Presentation 1
Video Presentation 2
- Types of Fire extinguisher
- Fire fighting methods
- Open Forum