A course designed for those that are required to undertake risk assessments.
Maximum of 15 delegates per course.
To give staff nominated to undertake risk assessments an understanding of the steps that can be used.
- Techniques for undertaking risk assessments – the difference between hazard and risk
- Legal requirements
- General risk assessment
- COSHH assessment
- DSE assessment
- Manual handling assessment
- Dangerous equipment
- Hazard identification and principles of control
- Risk assessment as one part of overall safety management system
- Maintaining a live risk assessment system
After the course delegates should:
- be able to develop and manage risk assessment programmes within their own organisation
- understand the principles and practice of task-based risk assessment programmes and be confident with applying the techniques in their organisation
- understand the principles of risk management