There are very few other Health and Safety Companies that can offer the variety and breadth of expertise available from USC.
Our staff are all suitably qualified and have relevant professional qualifications. Memberships of Professional Bodies like IOSH, British Safety Council and The National Back Exchange are a prerequisite for staff working for us.
As a company we believe in continual development to ensure that staff always achieve their full potential. Our staff have experience in fields as diverse as hospitals, medical schools, universities, local authorities, factories and offices.
USC provides professional and cost effective services which includes Advice, Information and Training on:
- All aspects or Health and Safety
- Safe use of Biological Agents
- Fire Precautions, Risk Assessment and Fire Safety
- Ergonomics & Manual Handling
The Company carries full Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance and references are available from our past and present clients on request.
Outsourcing your health safety and fire advice and training
Finding suitably qualified and experienced “in- house” Health, Safety and Fire Practitioners can be difficult. Your needs also may not require a full time permanent appointment. Any appointment will need to take into account the hidden costs of recruiting, developing, retaining and covering staff for absence need to be taken into account. As a result it is often more cost effective to use the services of a consultancy like USC to provide the expertise, flexibility and continuity that you require without necessarily the long term commitment. This frees you up so that you can concentrate your resources on your core business activities.
Outsourcing the provision of health and safety advice to us will have the benefits of:
- Reduced Cost
- Flexible and tailor made training courses
- Availability of training and expert advice at a fixed rate
- Avoidance of expensive overhead costs e.g. pensions, sickness leave, holidays
- Reliable and uninterrupted service provision even in event of sickness absence
- Exceptionally high quality of service by a team of experts
- A focused service aimed at specific needs
What we do
What service can I expect?
High quality advice and training in health & safety , fire safety consultancy and training.
We will initially visit your organisation and complete a compliance audit. This will be used to prepare a prioritised Health, Safety and Plan. If it is required we can offer a range of services from the following:
- act as your appointed person
- review and prepare health, safety and fire policy documentation
- advice and assist on the preparation of risk assessments, fire risk assessments and safe operating procedures.
- carry out safety & fire inspections
- provide training as required
- audit safety management system at least every six months
- provide advice on the phone or by email
- complete accident investigation
ERGONOMICS & MANUAL HANDLING
- Provision of Manual Handling Policy
- Provision of specialised guidance e.g. Heavy Patient /Bariatric Handling Guidance
- Manual Handling Audits
- Equipment Surveys
- Specialised Manual Handling Risk Assessments
- Provision of expert advice to corporate committees up to Board Level
- Customised solutions to novel Manual Handling problems
The benefit of employing us means that expert advice and training is available to you at a fixed rate. Unexpected costs such as projects overrunning, annual leave and long term illness will no longer trouble your budget.
Health & Safety
Ergonomics & Manual Handling-Hyper linked to the list below:
- Manual Handling of Loads
- Manual Handling of People
- Manual Handling For Therapy
- Manual Handling of People (Specialised)
- Manual Handling of Children
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- DSE Risk Assessment
- Train The Trainers
- Tailor Made Courses
More information is available on the range of training courses on request.