Moving & Handling of Inanimate Loads
This moving & handling of inanimate loads course is a half day training course with an emphasis on practical techniques. Staff will develop the necessary skills to be able to push, pull and lift objects and other inanimate loads safely. The programme combines a theoretical overview and a practical session. Delegates will learn techniques and be able to apply them immediately in a variety of areas where there is a need to manual handle inanimate loads.
There is a maximum of 12 places on this course and a minimum of 3.
- To give delegates a good understanding of the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations and associated legislation within the work place.
- For employees to apply good Manual Handling techniques within the workplace and in their everyday lives.
Theoretical overview of:
- Statistics on muscular skeletal disorders.
- Legislation and organisational policy
- Back care
- Risk assessment and ergonomics.
- Manual handling principles for the moving & handling of inanimate loads.
A practical session will cover detailed techniques relevant to the workplace, sometimes including the use of trolleys, sack trucks, barrows and other mechanical aids relevant to participants’ area of work.
At the end of the course the delegates will:
- Have knowledge of Manual Handling legislation in the workplace
- Have an awareness of the structure of the back and important considerations concerning back care.
- Be confident in carrying out basic Manual Handling risk assessments.
- Have participated in practical techniques for the moving & handling of inanimate loads.
For more information about inanimate load handling training, contact us now.