Moving & Handling for Therapy
Introductory and refresher courses in Moving & handling For Therapy. Courses are aimed at Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Rehabilitation Assistants and Technical Instructors who move patients in a variety of rehabilitation settings including hospitals, rehabilitation centres, day centres, care homes and patients’ homes.
There is a choice of 6 courses
- Moving & Handling For Occupational Therapy (Introduction)
- This entry level 2 day course provides the tools needed for Occupational Therapists (OT’s) to carry out manual handling risk assessments and implement safe systems of work for moving and assisting people to move.
- Moving & Handling For Occupational Therapy (Refresher)
- On this advanced level 1 day course delegates will refresh their moving & handling risk assessment skills and apply these skills to practical problem solving in complex situations.
- Therapeutic Handling (Introduction)
- This is an intermediate level 1 day practical workshop, which includes the critiquing of manual handling techniques used in rehabilitation. The selection of techniques on each course may vary based on the mix of delegates.
- Therapeutic Handling (Refresher)
- This is an advanced level half day practical workshop, which focuses on honing existing manual handling techniques used in rehabilitation. The selection of techniques on each course may vary based on delegates mix
- Moving & Handling For Outpatient Physiotherapy
- This is an intermediate level half day practical workshop which includes a critique of techniques used by outpatient physiotherapists. The selection of techniques on each course may vary based on the mix of delegates.
- Single Carer Care Package Course-Occupational Therapists
- This intensive 1-day workshop will equip Occupational Therapists (OTs) with the knowledge and skills to accurately review or specify single and double carer care packages.