Moving and Handling of Children (Paediatric Handling) Courses are a series of introductory and refresher courses. These courses are for responsible persons in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, schools, nurseries, day centers, homes and the community. There are separate courses for physiotherapy and occupational therapy staff. Additionally there are courses for non therapy staff including teachers, teaching assistants other education staff.
There is a choice of 4 courses (Paediatric Handling)
- Moving & Handling Of Children (Introduction)
- An intensive intermediate level 1 day course. Delegates will acquire the knowledge and practical skills needed to handle loads and children safely. They will also be equipped to carry out basic moving & handling risk assessments.
- Moving & Handling Of Children (Refresher)
- An intermediate level half day course. Delegates will refresh their knowledge and practical skills in the safe handling of loads and children in a care or education setting.
- Moving & Handling Of Children For Therapy (Introduction)
- An intermediate level 1 day workshop. This includes the theory of child handling and a practical workshop which includes critique of manual handling techniques used in the rehabilitation of children.
- Moving & Handling Of Children For Therapy (Refresher)
- An intermediate level 1 day course. will refresh staff knowledge and practical skills in the safe handling of children in a rehabilitation setting.