This series of introductory and refresher courses are for persons responsible for the moving and handling of children in hospitals, rehabilitation centres, schools, nurseries, day centres, homes and the community. There are separate courses for physiotherapy and occupational therapy staff and non therapy staff including teachers, teaching assistants other education staff.
There is a choice of 4 courses (Paediatric Handling)
- Moving & Handling Of Children (Introduction)
- This intensive intermediate level 1 day course will give delegates the knowledge and practical skills needed to handle loads and children safely. Delegates will also be equipped to carry out basic moving & handling risk assessments.
- Moving & Handling Of Children (Refresher)
- This intermediate level half day course will refresh staff knowledge and practical skills in the safe handling of loads and children in a care or education setting.
- Moving & Handling Of Children For Therapy (Introduction)
- This intermediate level 1 day workshop includes the theory of child handling and a practical workshop which includes critique of manual handling techniques used in the rehabilitation of children.
- Moving & Handling Of Children For Therapy (Refresher)
- This intermediate level 1 day course will refresh staff knowledge and practical skills in the safe handling of children in a rehabilitation setting.