Health & Safety for Managers:
An intensive one day session covering the main issues facing managers in relation to health & safety in the workplace.
Maximum of 12 delegates per course.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
To appreciate the benefits of health and safety and the role of the manager or supervisor in improving health and safety.
- The importance of providing safe places of work and systems of work
- Criminal and civil responsibilities for health & safety and an appreciation of the powers of Enforcing Authorities
- What documentation and procedures are needed
- Risk management principles
- Risk assessment: what they are, why they are needed; types of assessment required and how to maintain them
- The underlying causes of accidents and the important role management has to play in their prevention
- The need for a positive health and safety culture and senior executives’ key role in achieving this
- The role and functions of health and safety advisers
- The role of training in improving health & safety
- To be able to effectively plan and implement outcomes of risk assessments
- To know what the managers and supervisors’ roles and responsibilities are
- Why and how to investigate accidents and safety incidents
- RIDDOR reporting
- Welfare facilities
- Work environment
After the course delegates should:
- be able to contribute to the review of their area’s procedures and safe systems of work
- be able to monitor health and safety workplace
- understand the importance of training and health and safety culture.