Fire Warden Training
An intensive Fire Warden Training course to cover the main requirements for the prevention of fires, the action to take in response to an alarm and how to raise the alarm in the event of a fire being discovered. Maximum of 12 delegates per course. The course will assist Responsible Persons to meet their legal obligations under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety ) Order 20011 by ensuring that fire safety training is available to all employees.
A more detailed course than Fire Safety Awareness providing the additional skills required to assist managers in dealing with Fire Safety issues.
Fire Warden Training is aimed at staff, generally at a management level, who have been given the designated roll of being a Fire Warden or Fire Marshal within the workplace.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
Fire warden training will help such staff acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Prevent fires occurring by their training in fire prevention measures.
- Reduce the number of false alarms and business interruption.
- Comply with the obligations under Health & Safety Law, Fire Regulations and Fire Certificates.
- Ensure that staff are competent in the use of first response fire fighting equipment.
- To carry out on going reviews of the effectiveness of the Fire Safety arrangements and report back to the employer.
Fire Warden Training Programme
- Aims & Objectives of the course
- Expected Learning Outcome
- The Fire Triangle
Responsibilities of Fire Wardens
- Assisting Employers meet their Fire Safety obligations.
- Assess on going training needs within the organisation
- Assessing the application of Fire precautions within the organisation
Legislation & Policies
- What legislation applies to you and your work?
- Duties of Employers & Employees
- Employers’ Policies & Procedures
Fire Prevention Issues
- Where are fires likely to occur?
- What measures can you take to prevent fires occurring?
- Identification of risk factors and control measures for inclusion in the Fire Risk Assessment for your area.
Fire Response Issues
- What to do in the event of hearing an alarm
- What to do in the event of starting a fire or discovering a fire in progress
- Evacuation of Staff
Fire Warden Training – Video Presentation 1
Fire Warden Training – Video Presentation 2
- Types of Fire extinguisher
- Fire fighting methods
- Open Forum