Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
This course is designed for those who are required to undertake Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessments and manage hazardous substances in the workplace.
A three hour course. Maximum of 12 delegates per course.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
Comply with the obligations under the Control of Substances to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
To provide the knowledge to those designated persons responsible for managing hazardous substances.
- An overview of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
- Techniques for undertaking risk assessments – the difference between hazard and risk
- Understanding risk assessment techniques for evaluation of exposure to hazardous substances
- Understanding chemical exposure limits
- Understanding the importance of: Containment ; Control measures ; Risk reduction; Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to use Material Safety Data Sheets
- Circumstances when Health Surveillance is required
After the course delegates should:
- be able to manage and implement a Control of Substances Hazardous to Health risk assessment programme in their workplace
- understand the principals of risk control
- be confident in recording and reviewing a COSHH risk assessment