Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Awareness
This course is designed for those who are required to undertake COSHH Assessment and manage hazardous substances in the workplace.
A three hour course. Maximum of 12 delegates per course.
What are the benefits to the Organisation & the Individual?
Comply with the obligations under the Control of Substances to Health Regulations
To provide the knowledge to those designated persons responsible for managing hazardous substances.
- An overview of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 as Amended
- Techniques for undertaking risk assessments – the difference between hazard and risk
- Understanding risk assessment techniques for evaluation of exposure to hazardous substances
- Understanding chemical exposure limits
- Understanding the importance of: Containment ; Control measures ; Risk reduction; Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- How to use Material Safety Data Sheets
- Circumstances when Health Surveillance is required
After the course delegates should:
- be able to manage and implement a COSHH risk assessment programme in their workplace
- understand the principals of risk control
- be confident in recording and reviewing a COSHH risk assessment