This one day course has an emphasis on providing staff with practical skills in paediatric handling. This programme combines a full theoretical overview with a practical session to allow delegates to gain a good knowledge base and sound practical techniques that can be used within the work environment.
There is a maximum of 8 places on this course and a minimum of 3
- To give delegates a good understanding of the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations within the work place.
- To assist employees to apply good Manual Handling techniques within the workplace and in everyday life.
- Group Introduction
- Definition of Manual Handling
- Nursing, School and Physiotherapists’ responsibilities
- Spinal Structure and Function
- Ergonomics and Risk assessment
- Safe Moving and Handling
- Practical session- This will be based on problem solving specific paediatrics issues
At the end of the course the delegates will:
- Have knowledge about Manual Handling legislation
- Have an awareness of the structure of the back and back care
- Be confident in carrying out Manual Handling risk assessments
- Be aware of specific considerations when moving and handling within paediatric settings
- Have participated in Manual Handling practical techniques which may be useful within the workplace